- Located in the Central Newfoundland Gold Belt (CNGB), proximal or along major crustal-scaled deformation and fault zones that are integral to the gold deposits of the CNGB.
- Substantial land position along strike of New Found Gold’s Queensway Project which hosts the high-grade Keats Zone. The Keats Zone is analogous to the Fosterville Mine in Australia which is currently the highest-grade gold mine in the world
- Land position on the Baie Verte Peninsula, the only current gold producing region in Newfoundland
- The CNGB is as large as the Abitibi Greenstone Belt (AGB) in Ontario and Quebec and known for its metal endowment of over 200,000,000 million ounces of gold produced and 400,000,000 million tonnes of base metal ore. Although younger in age, the CNGB has been compared to the AGB with a similar structural and geological framework conducive to orogenic gold mineralization
- The AGB has been explored and mined for over 100 years. The CNGB has seen little focus for exploration since 2010
- June 3rd, 2021 –acquires first land packages in the GRUB structural corridor of Newfoundland (GRUB & Bursey’s)
- June 9th – July 12th , 2021, Wigwam, Rodger’s Cove, & Bursey North properties are acquired totaling 6,925 hectares in 277 claims
- July 14th, 2021 – Expands strategic land holdings from 511 to 877 claims covering 219.25 km2 by entering purchase & sale agreement with Unity Resources Group for 100% interest in 5 properties spanning 366 claims or 9150 hectares
- July 21st, 2021 – Substantially expands land holdings from 877 to 1195 claims covering 298.75 km2 by entering purchase agreement for 100% interest in the Southwest Pond Gold Project
- Properties are strategically located around New Found Gold’s Queensway Project, hosting the Keats Zone which has reported 146.2g/t Au over 25.6m
Both project areas are very active and successful exploration camps. The lithium project is in potentially Canada’s next producing lithium field. Where the gold projects are located next to and surrounding Wallbridge’s highly successful exploration programs.
All projects are located near key infrastructure such as transportation, energy, townships, and skilled consultants. Both project areas are also highly active as neighbouring or near- by peers are in exploration & development stages.
TEAM & COLLABORATION
Newfoundland Discovery is fortunate to have in-house technical personnel & key consultants that live near site, are francophone, connected with local services, contractors and strategic connections.